The creamy and cheesy baked Mac-n -cheese casserole is a fun side dish to serve to your family for dinner or to bring along for your next potluck event…and did I mention how easy it is to make?
- 1 8 oz box of elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 8oz block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- .Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta with and cook according to package directions.
- while the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the pasta once it’s done.
- add the flour to the butter and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned ( 1-2 minutes)
- add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps, add the salt and pepper.
- cook over medium – high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble ( about 6 minutes)
- stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- drain the pasta .
- add the pasta into your sauce and stir it all together.
- pour the mixture into a lightly greased deep baking dish.
- bake for about 20- 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
And wahlaah! Easy and creamy baked mac-n-cheese! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe with all your loved once and as always, feel free to tag me on social media with your creations !