Fall has officially arrived. Nothing screams out Fall like going with the whole family apple picking…and well what do you do with all those beautiful freshly picked apples? Bake up a pie!!
I wanted to share with you all my very yummy and easy apple pie recipe. I hope you enjoy it. If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook or twitter please feel free to tag me with your own versions and recipes as well.
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 4 large apples ( I prefer granny smiths) cored and thinly sliced
- 1 package double crust ready-to-use pie crust ( such as Pillsbury)
- preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- wash, peel, core and thinly slice your apples and set aside
- combine your sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and salt into a large bowl.
- mix everything
- stir in the apples
- unroll the first pie crust, press into a 9 inch pie dish and place the apple mixture into your crust
- unroll the second pie crust onto a clean flat surface, cut into about 9 1-inch wide strips
- criss-cross the strips over the apples or weave a lattice. Crimp the bottom crust over the lattice with your fingers
- wrap the edges with a wide strip of foil to prevent the edging of the crust from getting too browned or crisped
- bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through
I personally love the aromas that fil my house while my apple pie is baking. My favorite way to serve my yummy pie is with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and caramel syrup drizzled on top!